Dec 28, 2011

it's over 2011, it's been over for a long time

{ -- chopped my hair off! -- }

It has been...the longest and most challenging year of my life. I started this blog in the middle of the year because things were going downhill. Fast. And, I've realized that it wasn't the result of anything I was doing or had done. I was in a really destructive relationship and something had to change. Ever since it's been over, things have never been better. I no longer am paying twice for everything supporting someone who can't even support himself, I'm not being lied to and manipulated into feeling bad. You can't be with someone who wants to make you feel bad on purpose. I later learned that, through talking with my therapist, his actions and how he treated me were proposed as a sociopath and it was nothing I could have helped or change. It was not going to get better and I am better off out of that relationship.

Phew! Moving forward has never sounded so delicious. So, here I am...making huge strides towards feeling better about being me and I feel awesome. It's all in how you learn from these situations that make you a better person. I had an amazing New Year and I spent it with some amazing people. I couldn't be more grateful for them.

Here is to a new, improved me and an even better life in 2012. I am over you, 2011, and we are breaking up...and, no, you don't have a choice. You can't take me down, nothing is stopping me now.

Hope you all had a safe New Year and did it with a huge grin on your face, I know I did. Cheers!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment