Feb 8, 2012

it's a good day

{ -- Suki Boos and Eddie Bud calm. rare, but it happens -- }

Lately, I've shared some frustrations but, hey, it's part of life. However, we move forward and let go of the things that seem to ruin us and learn from them. Been there, done that, I'm over it. So, I share a quote my dad shared with me the other day:
“The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, the education, the money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our Attitudes.” ~ Charles R Swindoll
What a great way to see things. It's so refreshing and I would like to read this quote every day, multiple times throughout that day. I will. Everything I do moving forward is more important than anything I've lived in the past. I am grateful for that. If we had to live in the past, I'd be a wreck. With that said, I am one happy girl...as you can see :)

{ -- Sokol Underground with Attack Attack! lead singer, Caleb Shomo -- }

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment